Parents/Guardians: Please insure the “internet consent” for your student has been completed at https://consent.sd62.bc.ca/.
Students: for support using School Wifi please contact the Learning Commons/Library.
Banned From School WIFI?
Here are some reasons why:
1. Each student (that means YOU) has a 100MB per day limit – you have exceeded the limit.
2. “How did I manage that??” Well, gosh darn-it, you probably did one or all of the following:
(a) Watched a large video (Netflix)
(b) Downloaded app(s)
(c) Downloaded other large file
(d) Streaming audio (high quality)
*** all of these consume bandwidth quickly ***
3. “Can I appeal??” NO. It is computer controlled.
4. “How long am I banned??”
– 24 hour ban the first time
– 48 hour ban the second time
– 72 hour ban PLUS 24 hours every other time you exceed the limit.