Home / Counselling Centre / Post-Secondary / Post-Secondary Application Process


Step 1: Apply online.
Apply early!  Many schools begin accepting applications as early as September. Camosun College fills several programs on a first qualified, first admitted basis.

Visit websites of the post-secondary schools of interest to confirm the application process and deadlines.  Deadlines can be as early as December.  See your School Counsellor for assistance.

Check your email regularly after you have applied.  Some post-secondary schools will have you sign up for an college/university applicant account that includes an email.  Be sure to check that account and email often as well for messages regarding your admission status and lists of things you need to do.

Step 2: Arrange to have your marks forwarded to the post-secondary school(s).

Student Transcripts Service (STS) is an online app for students to view their school marks, provincial scholarships, transcripts, and send transcripts electronically.   To register for STS, you will need:  your Personal Education Number (PEN), full legal name, date of birth, and email address.

Go to the Ministry of Education’s Transcripts and Certificate website.  Select “Current Student”, select “Order”.  Then create a BCeID account.   Be sure to make note of your user name and password.  Once you’ve created a BCeID account, log in to the Student Transcripts Service using your BCeID.

From your STS dashboard,  you can:
– view your transcript
– arrange to have transcripts sent electronically to post-secondary schools (Marks are released to post-secondary schools of your choosing at the beginning of May and end of July.)
– view provincial assessment results
– order transcripts for yourself
– send transcripts immediately to a college, university, etc.
– view your provincial scholarship information

Helpful Videos from the Ministry of Education

  • STS Help Videos:
    – Registering for a BCeID and Accessing Student Transcripts Service
    – How to Order and/or Send a Transcript to a Post-Secondary Institution
    – How to Send a Transcript to an Employer, Yourself, or Anyone

Step 3:  If you plan to apply to a university in the U.S.A., plan to write the S.A.T. or A.C.T.

More information at:
S.A.T.:   https://sat.collegeboard.org/home
A.C.T.:   https://www.act.org/

Step 4: Self-report your grades.
Many schools (including UVIC) require that you “self-report” your marks.  Other schools require you to send a paper transcript.  Be sure your understand the requirements of the schools for which you are applying.

Step 5:  Apply for scholarships, bursaries, and student loans.
Visit the Financial Aid website of the post-secondary school you plan to attend.
See the Scholarships, Bursaries, & Loans section of the EMCS website for more information.