Important Volunteer Information
Volunteers working with and/or driving our students are required to complete the following information and submit it to EMCS for the Principal’s authorization.
1. Complete this form: student-travel-in-private-vehicles
2. Car Insurance
- Provide a copy of your valid insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000
3. Driver’s License
- Provide a copy of your license
4. Driver’s Abstract
- The abstract is free.
- To make your request, you can visit any ICBC driver licensing office, you can also phone an ICBC office or request it by mail or you can go online: https://onlinebusiness.icbc.com/clio/
5. Criminal Record Check
- The school district requires a new Criminal Record Check every three years.
- There is no charge, however, you may be asked by the Ministry of Justice to provide your fingerprints if your gender and birthday happen to match that of a convicted sexual offender. If this happens please contact the school first to obtain a letter confirming you are a volunteer, this will allow you to get a discount on the fee.
- Clearance letters can take from a few days to several months to process. Volunteers may not work alone with students until a clearance is received.
- For quickest results, enter your information online. Please go to this website: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/home.htm Access code: FQGBNWNUXA.