Volunteers working with and/or driving our students are required to complete the following information and submit it to EMCS for the Principal’s authorization.
1. Complete this form: student-travel-in-private-vehicles
2. Car Insurance
- Provide a copy of your valid insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000
3. Driver’s License
- Provide a copy of your license
4. Driver’s Abstract
- The abstract is free.
- To make your request, you can visit any ICBC driver licensing office, you can also phone an ICBC office or request it by mail or go online to complete the request at https://onlinebusiness.icbc.com/clio/
5. Criminal Record Check
- The school district requires a new Criminal Record Check every three years.
- There is no charge, however, you may be asked by the Ministry of Justice to provide your fingerprints if your gender and birthday happen to match that of a convicted sexual offender. If this happens please contact the school first to obtain a letter confirming you are a volunteer, this will allow you to get a discount on the fee.
- Clearance letters can take from a few days to several months to process. Volunteers may not work alone with students until a clearance is received.
- For quickest results, enter your information online. Please go to this website: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/home.htm Access code: FQGBNWNUXA.