PAC – What is it & Why Join?
What does PAC stand for? PAC stands for Parent Advisory Committee.
What is the purpose of the Parent Advisory Committee? The purpose is to advocate for excellence in education, for the safety and well being of our students and the the effective and meaningful involvement of the parents as partners.
What are the Objectives of the PAC?
PAC objectives are as follows:
- To enhance communication between parents, students, community, school staff, administration and the School Planning Council.
- To support, encourage and improve the quality of education and the well-being of all students registered at EMCS.
- To advise the school administration and staff on parental views about school programs, policies and activities.
- To communicate with parents and promote co-operation between your home and the school in providing for student’s education.
- To assist parents in accessing the system, in advocating for our own students.
- To advocate on behalf of the parent body.
- To contribute to the effectives of the EMCS by promoting the involvement of parents and other community members.
Why should I join the PAC? 1) If you are interested in better communication between you and the school, this is the place to be. 2) If you are interested in any of the above objectives, this is the place to be.
I don’t have a lot of free time. How long and how often are the meetings? The meetings are once a month, usually on a Wednesday night, and are set for an hour from 6:30 to 7:30pm. We are very much trying to keep to the one hour time frame.
What would I have to do at a meeting? You are not required to do anything. You can do as much or as little as you like.
I may not be able to make all the meetings – would that be a problem? No, not at all. Not all of us can make all the meetings – things happen.