Next week is our last full week of classes here at EMCS! Students should have picked up their yearbooks during Fun Day, but we will still have a limited number for sale in the Commons on Monday at lunch time. We also have our French Immersion Grad Ceremony and Major Awards Night Thursday evening, and then the week closes with Prom at the Empress on Saturday, June 22nd.
Please check below for more event dates/deadlines, and the year-end exam schedule.
Recognition & Congratulations
Thank you to our Leadership staff and students who made Fun Day GREAT!
And the EMCS band sounded amazing at Thursday’s concert! Thank you Ms. Parliament for all your hard work this year!
Information for All Parents and Students
French Immersion Grad tickets are available in the office, $10 each! The event will be held Thursday, June 20th, from 5:30pm-7:00pm.
Invitations to the EMCS Major Award Evening have been sent to the families of students who will be receiving an award. The Evening is confirmed for Thursday, June 20 in the EMCS theatre at 7:00 p.m, and seating space in the theatre will be very limited. We have allowed space for two parents/guardians per award winner.
Interested in sports or trying out a few careers, gaining volunteer hours and experience? Check out our daily student announcements for exciting summer time opportunities!
Registration is now open for the 2019 FastTrack Summer Learning Program through Westshore Learning Centre! This program provides students with the opportunity to attend face-to-face sessions with their teachers, as well as complete online paper-based assignments each day. This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in finishing their courses quickly. All courses are offered at Belmont Secondary School. For more information and to register, click here.
We will be conducting Numeracy Assessments Monday June 24 – Wednesday June 26.
Grade 10 will be automatically registered; as well as Grade 11 – 12 students that registered. Focus blocks will be offered to students in June to help them prepare. Lists will be posted on whiteboard in commons. Check https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/assessment/numeracy-assessment for more info!
Monday, June 24th, from 8:45am – 12:00 pm
- English 12 (for Mr. McCowan’s “A” block students) in the Library
- English 12 (for Mr. McCowan’s “D” block students) in room 2042
- English 12 (for Mrs. McKenzie’s class) in the CAD Lab
- English 12 (for Ms. Hogan’s class) in room 2026
- Learning Support
Monday, June 24th, from 12:15pm – 3:30pm
- Numeracy 10 (for students last name A – Davidson) in room 2026
- Numeracy 10 (for students last name De Weerd – Hanamura) in room 2042
- Numeracy 10 (for students last name Harpell – Lewers) in the CAD Lab
- Learning Support
Tuesday, June 25th, from 8:45am – 12:00 pm
- Numeracy 10 (students last name Linnell – Pedersen) in room 2026
- Numeracy 10 (students last name Phipps – A. Taylor) in room 2042
- Numberacy 10 (students last name D. Taylor – Yakimovich) in the CAD Lab
Tuesday, June 25th, from 12:15pm – 3:30pm
- Numeracy 11 – 12 (students last name Biete Sotes – Irvine)
- Numeracy 11 – 12 (students last name Jepp – Zacchigna)
Wednesday, June 26th, from 8:45am – 12:00 pm
- Communications 12 (Ms. Hogan/Mr. Davies’ classes) in room 2042
- Numeracy re-writes
Student Transcripts Service (STS)
Grade 12 students planning to attend post-secondary must log on to the STS website to select what post-secondary schools will receive their transcripts electronically from the Ministry of Education. More information and instructions can be found on the EMCS website. (Student Transcripts Service under the Students tab)
Be sure to check out the EMCS Society Programs!!!
Important Upcoming Dates
June 20 – French Immersion Grad, 5:30pm
June 20 – Major Awards, 7:00pm
June 22 – Prom 7:00pm
June 24-26 – Examinations – please see the schedule above